Padmashri Vikhe Patil College of Arts, Science and Commerce, Pravaranagar, was established in June, 1971 under the mentorship of Pravara Rural Education Society, Pravaranagar. The College is located in rural area in Ahmednagar district of Maharashtra & has been catering to the educational needs for the boys & girls of surrounding 44 villages. The college has 32 acres lush green & sprawling campus equipped with ultra-modern facilities for teaching, learning and research.
The college is permanently affiliated to the University of Pune and is approved u/s 2 (f) and 12 (b) of the UGC act. The college has Arts, Science and Commerce faculties. It offers education at under graduate and post graduate level. There are 19 under graduate and 17 post graduate courses along with 07 Research and 11 certificate courses. The college is unique in offering restructured pattern for UG under Savitribai Phule Pune University. The restructuring programme started in 1983 is useful to encourage the multidisciplinary studies. The need based, skill oriented & personality development courses of the restructuring programme have evoked tremendous response from the students.
The college has 132 teaching & 177 non-teaching staff. In the academic year 2015-16, a total of 2804 students (UG-1987, PG-817 and Ph.D.-66) are pursuing their education in the college. The college also offers B.A and B.Com degree programmes for dropout and employed students under YCMOU, Nasik.
The college has been honored twice as “The Best Rural College” in 2001-02 and 2009-10″ from the Savitribai Phule Pune University. The college was Re-Accredited A grade with CGPA 3.61 by the NAAC, Bangalore in 2012. The college has been recognized as “College of Excellence” by UGC, New Delhi in 2014. The college is ISO 9001-2008 certified in 2009. The college is identified as a “Star College” by DBT in 2010.
Along with conventional courses the college offers vocational courses like Seed Technology, Functional English & Computer Application. The degree courses in Computer Science, Biotechnology and Library & Information Science along with PG programs in computer, biotechnology are also available. Some bridge, remedial and add-on courses have also been introduced for slow and advanced learners.
The college has Earn and Learn Scheme since its inception, which has benefited poor, intelligent and needy students. Active placement and career guidance cell, helps students in fetching on and off campus jobs. The extra-curricular activities like NSS and NCC are helpful in developing good citizens of India.
Special Features of College :
- Constant vigilance and monitoring by the management
- Awards and recognitions received by the institution
- Unique in implementing the “Restructured pattern” for undergraduate courses
- Vocational courses in Functional English, Seed Technology & Computer Application.
- Self-financing: 15-PG, B.Sc (Comp.Sci.),B.Sc.(Biotechnology), B.Lib. Diploma & Certificate courses.
- Research centers in Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, and Environmental Sci. Commerce, Physics & Economics.
- 11 Carrier-oriented certificate courses, 08 remedial, 07 bridge and 06 Add- on courses.
- YCMOU programme for dropout and employed students.
- Sufficient number of qualified and experienced staff
- Excellent infrastructure facilities for teaching and learning
- Magnificent and fully automated Central Library
- Well-disciplined, green and serene campus
- Well-furnished boys’ and girls’ hostels
- Variety of co-curricular, extra-curricular and extension activities
- Free Internet access for students
- Earn and learn scheme for the needy and poor student
- Active Career Guidance and Placement cell
- Self-learning through Virtual classroom
- Social commitment through Pravara Social Study Circle and Maharashtra Pani Parishad
- Extension counter of Pravara Sahakari Bank Ltd
- Spacious playground and multigym facility
- Lalit Kala Academy’ for performing Arts
- 24x7 security on the campus