The Department of Zoology was established in 1999 with the aim to spread the scientific knowledge in society and produce knowledgeable youth with scientific temper. The department offers undergraduate course in Zoology for F.Y. and S. Y. B. Sc, level. The syllabus for the courses is as prescribed by Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune. Currently department has two qualified (Ph.D.) full time teaching staff working in different areas of research. One of the faculties has completed his Post Doctorate from Spain and working on several international recognized bodies. In addition to the regular teaching-learning process, the teaching faculty of the department is presently also engaged in quality research amidst various constrains. Department conducts career oriented courses recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC), and MSSDS to develop the self employment skills and entrepreneurship confidence in the students. The Department also extends the academic activities beyond the classroom in the form of conducting field study, workshops, participating in seminars and symposia and providing the crucial exposure to students. It also provides the consultancy services to local farmers, self help groups and students for the related aspects of Applied zoology. The department has well equipped laboratory and Laboratory cum vermi-composting unit and mulberry plantation.
1. Dr. R. S .Tambe
HoD, MSc Phd.
2. Dr. A. R. Kurhe MSc Phd, Post Doc (Spain)
Dr. R. S .Tambe
- 17 paper (National /International/book chapters)
- Best paper presentation awards by Ministry of Science, Technology and Environment, Nepal. (2013)
- Bharat Shiksha Ratan Award by Global Society for Health & Educational Growth. New Delhi during 15th June 2015
Dr. A. R. Kurhe :
- 23 paper (National / International/book chapters)
- Young Scientist Award-for best paper presentation at Aurangabad 2008
- Post-Doctoral Fellowship (under Erasmus Mundus Action 2-Experts Exchange by promoting quality education and research in European Universities and East Asian universities) 2012 to University of Santiago de Compostela, Spain (for the period for October 2011-to August 2012).
- Short Stay Research Fellowship (Under Research Excellence Programme India – Spain (PIEN)) 2013, 2014, 2015.
- 2nd Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship (under Erasmus Mundus Action 2-Lot 13) European Union-Namaste Exchange to Polytechnic University of Valencia, Spain for the period for October 2015-to April 2016.
- Ambassador for the dissemination of Erasmus Mundus-Action 2, Lot 13 exchange programme Euphrates for India sanctioned by University of Santiago de Compostela, Spain.
- State level award Poladi Purush- for outstanding work in Education and Research by Polad Udhyamita Pratisthan, Jalana on 8 March, 2015 at Hingoli.
Research Collaboration with
- Prof. Miguel A. Rodriguez Diaz Department of Cell Biology and Ecology, Faculty of Biology, University of Santiago De Compostela, Spain.
- Professor, Miguel Rodilla, and Professor Silvia Falco, IGIC, Polytechnic University, Valencia, Spain
- Successfully Organized 01 International Conference (RTCST, 2014) and 01 National Workshop ARMHE, 2016.
- Recognize research guide in Zoology of Savitribai Phule Pune University Pune.
- Currently 01 student working for Ph.D. and 04 students pursuing their M.Phil,
- Currently One student is working In Life Sciences University, Warsaw, Poland under Exchange programme of European Union.
Seminar Conferences/ Workshop:
- 01 National Seminar on Climatic change and Biodiversity,
- 01 National workshop on Advances of Research Methodology in Higher Education
- 01 state level seminars and 03 district level workshops on Vermicomposting technology.