The Department of Commerce was established in 1999. In the beginning, department has started only B.Com course. Since 2009-2010, the department started M.Com course for students from rural area and created opportunity of P.G. level education. The department has introduced skill oriented course in Entrepreneurship Development and created an opportunity of employment. The department started bridge course for other faculty students and Remedial course for slow learner. It has successfully organized one State and three National level seminars. Department organizes commerce festival which creates awareness about bank, market and industry and also develops overall personality of students. To facilitate the teaching learning process department is ICT enabled.
The department has well qualified and experienced teaching staff. There are four faculty members in the department, out of them Three are NET & SET qualified, three are MPhil and four are pursing PhD. The faculty members are actively engage in research and extension activities. Research papers have been published in international and national journals and also presented in the seminars and conferences. Faculties motivate and guide students for research project, which is mandatory for all commerce students.
|Name of Faculty||Designation &Qualification||Contact|
- Four State level Seminar, 1 National Level Seminar conducted.
- Workshop taken on SET / NET / Research Project.
- Department introduced self finance M.Com. (Business Administration and Advanced Marketing Program in 2009-10)
- Two research projects are completed.
- Departmental Library facility.
- Every year department organizes Commerce Festival.
- Collaboration with various agencies.