The department of English has the same year of inception as of Arts, Commerce and Science College, Satral, in 1998. The Department offers 3 years Under-Graduate program. The department provides intensive mentoring to the students both in and beyond the classroom in a wide variety of forum. As a part of it, the department has ‘FILM CLUB’ with the aim to make teaching interesting. Online lectures, film screening, seminar, workshop on interdisciplinary themes are the part of our academic calendar. The department has well equipped Digital Language Laboratory. The department also conducts ‘A Certificate Course in English Proficiency’ sponsored by UGC under COC scheme with purpose to bring rural students in the stream of competitive world.
1. S. R. Susar
HoD, Assistant Professor, M.A., NET, SET, Mphil.
2. S. N. Borude
Assistant Professor, M.A., SET.
- Organized One Day Workshop and Seminar on ‘English Language Today’ and ‘Recent Trends in Modern British Drama’ Respectively.
- Organized Two Day National Seminar on Use of Infornation and Communication Technology in Teaching of English Language and Literature.
- Six students participated in ‘Avishkar’ at Zonal Level and University Level.
- Department offers Career Oriented Courses sanctioned by UGC and MSSDS.
- Department runs Film Club projecting classical English Films.