Arts, Commerce Science and computer science college, Ashvi Kd. was established in 14th Jully 2001 under the mentorship of Pravara Rural Education Society, Pravaranagar and with great vision of Padmabhushan Balasaheb Vikhe Patil. It stands with a specific objective of upliftment of rural masses through quality, need based and appropriate education by achieving academic excellence among rural youth with relevance to employability and rural development right from grass root level. The College is situated on the bank of sacred PRAVARA river in Ashvi Kd. villege. At present the college has its 2.5 acres of expansive premises dotted with buildings with beautiful lush green surroundings, large class rooms, well equipped laboratories, exclusive library and spacious playgrounds congenial to academic growth and all round development of learner. The College is affiliated to the University of Pune.
The college has Arts, Commerce & Science faculties. It offers education from Under Graduate . There are 7 undergraduate courses of three year duration. The College also began vocational . Students and parents have tremendous response for these courses. These courses have been begun with specific objective to increase the skills and employability among students.
The college has 23 teaching & 18 non-teaching administrative staff. At present, there are 802 students in the college.
The college has started the Earn and Learn Scheme and Poor Boy’s Fund since its inception & it has benefited hundreds of poor students in pursuing higher education. The college has one unit of NSS for developing feeling of national integration among the students.
- To achieve academic excellence of higher education.
- To bring higher educational opportunities within the reach of the under privileged section of society and girls.
- To inculcate value based education to empower the youth for development of the nation.
- To develop an overall personality of the students by giving ample exposure in co-curricular and extra curricular activities.
- To develop nexus between educational institution and society for mutual benefits by socio-Economics and culture transformation through higher education.